Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ethan

I get to look at this face EVERY day, I am so blessed!








This past month was a little stressful and scary for us. As many of you know, our oldest son, Ethan was admitted into the hospital w/ a deep neck infection. It happened so fast and literally over night. This infection then turned into an abscess (which was staff bacteria) underneath his curated artery...3 cat scans, 2 surgeries later and a week in the hospital and this entertaining son of mine is back to his loud self. The only proof that something was ever wrong is the 2 inch cut on the side of his neck. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father, who answers prayers. I've never felt so helpless as a mother, but through trials and hardships comes humility and blessings. Chris and I are blessed with the greatest support group...EVER! We have the best family and it's very humbling as they continue to help us out in so many ways.

Highlights of the worst week ever:

1. Ethan was so ornery to everyone, those poor nurses! Any time they asked Ethan if he needed anything he yelled, "I told you, nyooo!" completely naughty, but hilarious coming out of Ethan in his mumbly voice.
2. While at Primary children's Hospital, Carlos Boozer and Jerry Sloan came to our room to give Ethan a signed basketball. Ethan says nothing to him, but slaps the ball from Carlos Boozer's hands...they sprinted out of our room.
3. By the end, whenever a nurse would come in the room to do vitals, Ethan would say without looking at them, "I don't need anything, fanks guys!"
4. Whenever they would come and give him his medicine through his i.v...he say, "Mom, what happened to me?"....so sad, yet so cute said in Ethan's voice.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Carrie! That's so sad! And hilarious (all his hospital antics) but mostly just horrible. I'm so glad it's okay. Your family pictures are beautiful. Holy hotness-I love your outfit. Let me know if you need anything! I'm really good at ordering pizza, etc. And I practically run a daycare here with all my offspring, so if you ever need- I'd happily take on some more.

Brooke said...

Awe... how cute is he? I am so happy that he is doing better I was so worried about him. I love your family picture, you have the cutest family ever!! and I miss you sooooooo much!

blm_mckell said...

That is so scary. I am sorry that had to happen. I am glad to hear that everything is good now.

Spencer Mortensen said...

carrie i am so sorry. how scarey!! i'm glad everything turned out ok and that ethan is doing well. you are the greatest mom ever and i can only imagine how scared everyone was. lots of love and prayers

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

He is such a cutie! Those highlights are hilarious...and that rocks that he got a signed bball from boozer and sloan. Carrie, I'm so sorry about your tough trial and I'm so glad everything worked out! Love ya!

Megan said...

Glad everything is okay!

Micah said...

Carrie. I hate that I don't know about this stuff and have to read it on your blog. I wish I could have been there! Im so glad he is back to normal, what a sweetheart he was in the hospital! :)
I miss you tons.