Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Wizard

My husband is great! He constantly gives me the comic relief from life that I need every day! The other night as we were getting ready for bed we had the following conversation:

Chris: "You know how I've been getting a lot of headaches lately?"
Me: "Yeah"
Chris:"I think I've figured out why"
Me:"Could it be because you've been reading book after book the last 3 weeks?"
Chris:"Nope, in my book that I've been reading, the men start having a lot of headaches when they've discovered that they are wizards! Carrie, I'm a wizard."
Me:"Well, where do we go from here?"
Chris:"We have to find me a sorcerer to fully release my powers".
Me:"I'll get on that. I'll call all of my potential sorcerer friends to get your powers released"......we laugh.....then laugh even harder at how ridiculous we are.
Me:"At what point to I start to worry that you really think you're a wizard?"
Chris:"When I start wearing a robe around."

This is why I married my husband.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I'm just so happy he has discovered this. I bet there are thousands of wizards out there who don't know who they are. I've been racking my brains to think of sorcerers, but I'm coming up blank. Wish I could help.

And really, lets do play. My Maggie is so good at playdates. She just sits stonefaced on the couch hoarding all her toys. Its so great. Oh and she screams and hits. margfarg [at] aol [dot] com

Meikel said...

Hello! May I just say WONDERFUL, wonderful to see your blog and your beautiful children.
I really thought I still had your number too, but I did have an incident a while back involving dish washing and my phone, so I don't have your number. But If you still have mine use it or leave yours on my facebook or something!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh you guys make me laugh so much! I'm reading your blog at work and i'm laughing outloud to myself yes I am getting very strange looks! Oh well.

Mandy said...

Crazy People! That is why we love you. Did you see THE MOVIE? We sure miss you guys. Get up to Idaho before you are pregnant again.

Micah said...

That is awesome! I think I would rather have my husband be a wizard than "legally retarded".-whatever that means!!! all i know is that Jonathan told me this on the way down to Oregon, I think he was frustrated with driving!! :)
Im waiting for my long phone call from you.

Sharise said...

Carrie, I would have hoped that by now you would have realized that my brother is slightly strange, well, all of them are really. However, I'm glad you know now. Sometime, you should tape him doing his weird dances and post it on here. I would laugh so hard. Not to mention all the crap he would get from the family! That is definitely something we need to do :) Love ya!