Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"I'm eating cow?"

On Sunday I made a roast. I'm getting some cups to put on the table when I hear the following conversation between Chris and Halle....

Halle: That looks like some good chicken!
Chris: That's not chicken Halle, that's beef.
Halle: What's beef?
Chris: Beef comes from cow.
Halle: Why would we eat a cow?
Chris: Because it's good.
So later that night I'm sitting on the couch and I hear Halle say, "mom, blah blah blah blah?" So I asked her to repeat herself and she said, "do you mind if I set my cow on the chair?" I look over and Halle had gone into the kitchen and got herself a huge chunk of roasst out of the fridge and was getting ready to put it on my nice chair. Since sunday I have heard Halle ask me at least 3 or 4 times if she can have some more cow or when I'm going to make some more cow. I have never in my life been disgusted by the thought of meat....until now.

5 comments:

Spence and Car said...

thats pretty funny...i myself can never get over the fact that meat comes from animals...so at least she hasn't shown disinterest....good luck and keep cooking the cow cause its good for ya. wheres the beef ya know.

Annie said...

Oh Carrie. That is great. What a funny little daughter. :) I'm with you, though. I can't think about what I'm eating when I'm eating eggs. I don't have that problem with chicken, though. Just eggs. Weird, huh.

Mandy said...

Ahh! I remember having that conversation. Wait until she asks how we get the cow to give us the meat,and she bursts into tears.

Sharise said...

Carrie, I freaking love your children. It totally reminds me of right after camping, when Ethan woulds see meat and ask "Cow poop?" I'm hoping we can reteach him that phrase this summer. :D

Heidi said...

Ha ha!! That's hilarious. I'm afraid of most cow produced products...milk, beef, leather chaps (are those made from cow?), rednecks-- just jokin, I admit I LOVE redneck events!! Anyway, I share the feelings of disgust when it comes to cows...except icecream.