Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Family Pictures

The last family picture we had taken was in 2004 and Halle was 3 months old. 4 years and 2 kids later we decided that it was time that we took another family picture. I had this fun day planned in my head, we were going to have so much fun and our pictures were going to turn out beautiful! Apparently I forgot that we have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old. Seriously, the only word to describe it was CHAOS! Here's the best of the bunch. I tried to find the best pictures of each of us. So, even though it was total chaotic, it turned out to be a success. Chris and I. The only man that can ever make me feel petite! I would like to point out in our family picture that we look the same height. Those who know me and Chris could tell by looking at the picture that we were obviously on a hill, since Chris is 6' 7" and 9 inches taller than me. This picture is a lot more accurate. I love him!
Halle started crying 2 frames in because she had forgotten how to smile. Really? I didn't know you can forget how to smile, but we have the pictures to prove it folks. I would also like to point out her crazy hair. I had a really cute clip to put in her hair and of course she wouldn't let me put it in, so hence the lion mane. But, other than the crazy hair I think this picture is adorable!
Next I'd like to tell you about Ethan. He was a complete TIRD! I love my son, he is hilarious, but he does what he wants when he wants. He wouldn't look at the camera the entire time for his single shots and the one time he did, we got the following picture...... That's the BEST picture from the whole shoot, but honestly it cracks me up! That is totaly Ethan.
Aaawww Spence! Isn't he adorable? Look at how angelic! Don't let him fool you. He's not quite so sweet and innocent all of the time. Don't get me wrong he is a complete sweetheart and is happy 90% of the time, but the other 10% he is one angry 1 yr old. Quick story...last night I opened our freezer to get something and Spencer was standing right below me. Well, as I opened the freezer door, a package of frozen hot dogs came down on his face! It was so sad! I really almost starting crying because I felt so bad. He started bleeding right below his eye and it was immediately black and blue. Well, he had his head on my shoulder and was crying, when suddenly he lifted his head, cocked his arm back and slapped me right across the face! He then layed his head back down and continued to cry. It was the saddest, funniest thing I've ever experienced. Talk about being honest with your feelings. Now, that is Spence!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous family! Smokin hot mama! I love your hair. Your kids crack me up. It does not get easier. Ryan and his sibilings are all in their thirties and there mom still can not get a picture without one of them making a face.

Marlyce said...

That frozen hot dog story is just classic. May I also point out that your daughter is beautiful, and I do not see a lion mane, but if she did have one, I find that oddly appropriate (wink, wink). And lastly, it is about time you updated this thing, I was beginning to worry about your safety.

Micah said...

Cute pictures, your hair is so cute!
Seriously, you thought pictures were going to be fun?? I love getting a good picture, but it takes alot of swearing and threats to get my kids to somewhat cooperate. I hate it!
I love that Spencer slapped you, I too have a one year old that likes to hit me when she is mad.

Meet The Robinson's said...

Hey Cute Girl! Your pictures are so great! Its amazing how much Ethan and Spencer look alike in the family pic! I love them! They are darling! Later

Sarah said...

holy crap carrie!!! you are so cute! love your hair. Heidi did mine today....what a champ.Rremember when I used to give you hugs during b-ball practice? Yep....my face + your chest. Funny.

Heidi said...

Car-- I still can't stop laughing. I love you.